Please see below for answers to some of our most commonly asked questions. If you have a question which hasn’t been answered below, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be more than happy to assist.
- Our courses are carried out through email correspondence, all you need is internet access.
- As the course notes and assignments are delivered by email, you do not have to be online at any particular time or day.
- The tutor emails the first module and assignments to the student on the course start date.
- The student returns the task by the agreed time (usually one week) and receives feedback and a new module/assignment.
- The process repeats.
- Tasks may be writing exercises, or they may be based directly on the student’s work, for example, suggestions as to how to rework a passage.
You’ll receive written feedback from your tutor once a week.
You’ll find a course description on each course page. If you are unsure, please contact us
Our beginners creative writing course is suitable for complete beginners and no writing experience is required. It’s also suitable for someone who would like to get back into a creative writing routine.
In the event that you book a course and are unable to complete the course within the intended time period, you can contact your tutor to receive outstanding course modules/assignments and to discuss a suitable time to complete them.
You are entitled to a full refund up to one week before your chosen course commences. We cannot refund fees in respect of cancellation after this time.
If for any reason you decide to leave the course once it has commenced, you will still be liable for the full fees.
We cannot offer partial refunds to students who do not finish a course.
In the event that you are unable to complete the course within the intended time period, please contact your course tutor to receive outstanding course modules and to discuss a suitable time to complete them.
There will be writing exercises to work on every week. The amount of time required to complete these exercises varies greatly from student to student. Many of our students work full-time and our courses are tailored accordingly.
To pay online, visit the relevant course page and click on the ‘Check Out Securely’ or PayPal button.
Yes, online vouchers are available. For further information, please contact us.
We offer critique and editing services for books, short stories, poems, screenplays and more.
If you’re going on holidays during the course or need to take a course break for some reason, most tutors are flexible and can accommodate course breaks. If you need to take a course break, please contact us by email prior to signing up to a course to check if a holiday break is available on your chosen course.